Monday, June 05, 2006

Dear Friends

You will be very mistaken if you think that the writer of Iraqi Screen is inspired by a model or regime or reflects the point of view of any party or group.

It is absolutely an independent Blog telling you the events as they are happening and had happened before. Iam conveying the reality to you as it is without imposing my opinion on them to give the chance for those who do not live here to have an idea about what is going on in Iraq if they are interested.

I feel sorry for the US soldier who is killed in Iraq the same way I feel for the Iraqis simply because we are all human beings and the US soldier has a family too and if we feel sad about our dead they do too in the same way.

I highly encourage any opportunity that helps in abridging the gap between the Arab and western world because we need each other and we complete each other.

I can assure you there are so many good US soldiers in the US army who do not accept any bad practices conducted by some of the US soldiers and they even quitted their work.

I want to say that only stupid and narrow minded people take the decision of war whether they are Arabs or Americans and Iam very certain the most complicated issues can be solved by diplomatic ways not by wars.

To be honest with you, my best friend is American and I have very nice friendship with so many Americans built on mutual respect.

So for any reader who felt that he is offended by my latest writings should reconsider his position because I did not mean that but this is the reality in Iraq that you can ask other Iraqis about it and see if they will tell you something different, but my writing is shocking to you because I had and have seen things only few people have the chance to be close to.

The simple reality you miss in my writing is that I love my country, IRAQ, which can’t be summarized in a president or a party. It is bigger than all these things and deserves to have some peace after three terrible wars.

2 Comments:

Blogger mink said...

Ishtar, for me I can see your humanity in every post. You present a complex and sad picture and this is evident in the blog, it doesn't come across (for me) as a black/white picture. I read you everyday. I wish there was something I could do more. I am here in London, and although very few people are happy about the war, even fewer people would do something about it, which I find really depressing.

Please please continue writing. I am going to print your posts and hang them in my college.

3:15 PM  
Blogger mewmewmew said...

Clutch should understand that whilst the American people (and even the NeoCons) did not invade Iraq for revenge, it is possible that Bush did. He is simple minded, hot headed and easily led. One of the ways the NeoCons could most easily persuaded him would have been by presenting it as an opportunity to take revenge.

charms for bracelets
lose weight diets

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker